Sunday, January 9, 2011

Inevitable at this time of year I become reflective. I can't help it, it's in my nature

Inevitable at this time of year I become reflective. I can't help it, it's in my nature. I

introspective and I can only let words rattle around in my head for so long before I must type them

out. Some I even share (lucky you!).

2010 has rushed by in the way that years seem to the older you get. Mid fifties are upon me, although I

don't think of myself as that age. Some of the tension of introspection comes from the inner age

calculator versus the reality of an actual chronological record as stated on a legal document. Or just

looking in the mirror.

The year has had its ups and downs, good and bad, boredom and excitement, frustrations and regrets, and

elation at meeting new challenges and the allure of future goals glittering bright on the horizon of

next year. Through it all I've attempted to find some things to share with you via this blog. It's been

fun for me and perhaps occasionally worthwhile for you.

If you aren't yet journaling maybe you'll give it a try. A nice blank, bound book will do - write,

doodle, and express yourself! You can also go the software route and record it on your computer. I

continue to get wonderful results from my use of David Michael's The Journal. Check it out. You can

test drive it free for 45 days. It's way more than "diary" software and highly useful if you are

preserving family history or your life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment