Sunday, April 10, 2011

I grew up in a small town in Montana

I grew up in a small town in Montana. My parents ran a gift store and greenhouse, and had a small house on 40 acres of land just outside of town. They struggled trying to make a living in a small town, but I lived the ideal life of a small boy...fishing, hunting, and enjoying the outdoors.

My parents wanted more for me. I dutifully set out for life in the big city, not because I had any desire to live there, but   Nike Blazer Shoes,because I had been told this was what I should do. My parents truly felt this was the best path.

About ten years ago, I chose to take the red pill. I packed up my family in a U-Haul, and moved across the state to define my own existence. I gave up the long commute and big city life for a something else. Now, I work from my home office, and have the freedom to structure my life how I want to Nike Cortez,live. Instead of heading out for the freeway, I spent this morning with my youngest son, having morning Donuts with Dad at his elementary school. I've been to every one of my kids' basketball games, band concerts, and track meets this year. I hunt and fish with my boys, and camp with the Boy Scouts. Life is good.

If there is one gift I want to give my son, it is this truth. He does not need to be contained by someone else's Matrix. He does not Nike Shox Torch,to another person's ideal of how he should live his life. He can choose.

If you have a teenager, make sure you talk to him or her about how they want to live their life. Instead of asking them what they want to do, help them figure out how they want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment