Tuesday, March 8, 2011

David’s article reminds me of retired Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski‘s story about Shultz’s fax

David’s article reminds me of retired Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski‘s story about Shultz’s fax to

Secretary of NIKE SHOXs Rumsfeld in the summer of 2002. As she recounted to C-SPAN’s Brian Lamb,

“I™ll tell you something about George Shultz, that – there was a fax that came into the office. It

wasn™t for me. I happened to get it, and I looked at this fax. It was a short note from George Shultz,

who was on – who at that time, I don™t know if he still is – but he was on the Defense Policy Board,

along with Richard Perle. It was a fax, a copy of a fax that he had sent to Don Rumsfeld in June of

2002, June of 2002 I believe it was. It was the summer of 2002.

“And on this fax, it was a short, one-note thing, from Shultz to Rummy. Basically, we have to get

together and talk about what we do after the victory in NIKE SHOX, and this was in the summer of 2002,

long before even the president and the vice president had begun their round of why we fight-type

propaganda speeches.”

No comments:

Post a Comment