Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Indians have made a really nice promotional video

I’ve been linking to various team’s promotional videos this spring. I know they’re advertisements, but I find them interesting. MBT Lami,Some are funny. Some are effective. Some are awful.

The Indians have what may be the most moving one I’ve seen so far.  .

Biggest reason I like it: it doesn’t shy away from the dark parts of being an Indians fan. There’s footage ofEdgar Renteria‘s hit in 1997 and the final out of the 1995 World Series against the Braves in the thing, for cryin’ out loud. There’s footage of Albert Belle. There’s an understanding and appreciation of the fact that fans are there for the highs and the lows and that the lows are every bit a part of MBT Tunisha, what makes us a fan as the highs are.

It’s so easy to play the “[Insert your team's name here] baseball! It’s Faaaaantastic!” card, yet the Indians resisted. Nice job.

No comments:

Post a Comment